- Download the file and save to your computer.
- Open iTunes and click and drag the file to your iTunes. As an .epub file, it should automatically go into the “Books” Folder.
- You will need to have the iBook application on your iPad to view .ebup books.
- Click “sync” on your iPad while your iPad is plugged into the computer to have the ebook added to your iPad as long as you have the iBook Application installed on your iPad.
Here is a video tutorial that also walks you through the steps for adding an .epub file to your iPad:
You can also read the .mobi version of the ebook on your iPad using the iPad Kindle app which can be found HERE.
- Download and save the file to your computer.
- Plug your Kindle into the your computer using a USB cord.
- Open Windows Explorer to so you can see your files and folders structure. For your Kindle, there will be a few folders. Look for the one named “Documents.” Drag and drop the .mobi file to the Documents folder of your Kindle. This will automatically add the ebook to your Kindle library.
You can also email the file to your Kindle using your specialized Kindle email address that is available with each Kindle registered in your Amazon account.
To find your Kindle email address with the keyboard Kindle:
Press the “Menu” button on your Kindle’s keyboard and open the “Settings” page using the five-way controller.
Write down your Kindle’s unique email address displayed on the “Settings” page.
Attach the MOBI e-book file to an email from your usual email account and send it to your Kindle’s email address. You do not need to specify a subject or add any text to the body of the email. Once the email is received by your Kindle email address, the .mobi file of the e-book will be added to your Kindle and will automatically appear in your library.
To find your Kindle email address with a Kindle Fire:
1. From the Home screen, tap the Quick Settings icon.
2. Tap My Account.
3. Your Send-to-Kindle e-mail address, [name]@kindle.com, is listed under the register user’s name.
You can also use the Kindle App for Android phones, iPhones, Blackberry, Windows phone, iPod Touch and for Mac/PC to read a .mobi ebook file. Click HERE to download the Kindle app for your device.
1. Plug in your USB cable to your Nook and then plug in the USB input to your computer.
2. You should see a notification when your computer recognizes the device.
3. For Windows PC: Open the Windows Explorer.
4. Locate your ebook folder on your computer.
5. Find the My Documents folder on your Nook.
6. Grab, drag and drop the ebook into the “My Documents” or “Books” folder depending on the model of Nook you have.
7. Unplug your Nook from the computer.
9. On your Nook, do a Search For New Content.
10. You new files should show up in the “My Documents” or “Books” folder.
If this does not work, or your Nook will not open the file, you will have to download Adobe Digital Editions.
You can download the software here: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/#download and activate it. Open the ebook file in Adobe Digital Editions. Plug your Nook into your computer and it should show up in the software with a prompt to activate your Nook. You should be able to grab the ebook and drop it in the Nook.
You may also want to refer to the Nook Support Page for additional help with your specific Nook model.
You can also download the free Nook App for iPad, iPhone, Android, PC and Mac HERE.
Here is a video tutorial for adding .epub files to a Nook: