Below is a guest post from Jenn Sanders
Ancient folk medicine once brought us comfort and healing. It was the only kind of medicine we knew. But in the last hundred years, innovation and technology have overtaken the world of natural medicine and replaced it with modern-day medicine. Even so, many moms still feel that natural medicine sometimes offers a better alternative for dealing with baby discomfort and pain.
An Ancient Tradition That Works
One such effective and an ancient folk remedy is the use of amber to relieve pain and inflammation. Healers, midwives, and mothers from the Baltic region have long used amber to reduce pain and inflammation caused by baby teething. The idea is to thread the amber into a teething necklace and place it on the baby’s neck just under his-her clothing.
Is It Worth Trying?
Many modern naturists consider amber, especially the kind found in the Baltic region, to be an effective homeopathic remedy. They say it works much like a natural analgesic, protecting little ones from many of the discomforts associated with teething and initial growth pain.
Some of the Most Significant Healing Benefits of Amber
- Purges fatigue and weariness and increases energy: Essentially, this natural anti-anxiety remedy transmutes negative energy to positive energy. Specifically, for this reason, Baltic Amber purges fatigue and weariness. From the hustle and bustle of getting to and back from school and work and then onto homework and chores, any help which expedites the journey is pretty much appreciated. To be sure, adults and children alike will ultimately detect the natural energizing vitality of Amber holistically serving them in the long run of everyday life.
- Boosts the Immune System and blocks the common cold: In reality, the human body has a lot of wear and tear to endure in regards to familiarizing itself with antibodies. In fact, it is common for the body to take on germs so as to process them. By processing the germs, the body therein builds an immunity to them. The antioxidant biochemical interaction in Baltic Amber serves as a reinforcer and reminder to the body, inspiring self-healing and rejuvenation. Moreover, adults and children profit from this assistance becoming stronger and wiser.
- Balances mood swings: Generally speaking, Baltic Amber stands as a silent witness on its wearer, balancing the muck and chaos of fluctuating hormones. The calming attributes of Amber, of course, applies to all mood swings in all ages. From the toddler going through the ‘Terrible 2s’ and learning to assert their preference, to the adolescent who is actively asserting their opinion, there are certainly a lot of moods happening. Adults also have to take into consideration all of the internal and external stressors as well as their consequential moods. At which point, both adults and children alike benefit from Baltic Amber’s calming and soothing metaphysical properties.
- Reduces pain and minimizes inflammation: Steer clear of over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and their side effects by using a Baltic Amber Teething Necklace. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, drooling and teething pain are greatly reduced. To be noted, an amber necklace for teething babies is not meant to be chewed on. Rather the Baltic Amber releases microscopic amounts of Succinic Acid in oil as it’s warmed by the body’s natural temperature.
Thereafter, it’s directly absorbed into the skin and bloodstream. This “fossil resin” was produced by ancient pine trees which grew in the Baltic region of Northern Europe. As an adaptogen, Baltic Amber is able to naturally cure and heal the body. In other words, this natural biomatter is capable of promoting regenerative self-healing.
- Reduces teething pain and minimizes colic pain: Baltic amber teething necklaces eliminate the need for repeated dosing of synthetically-created medications with their myriad side-effects. They are a single-purchase, reusable item, making them more cost-effective. They are incredibly convenient: just add the necklace to your baby’s daily dressing routine and let it work all day long! This one simple product answers not only the multiple symptoms of teething that unsettle the child going through it but also the numerous concerns of parents looking for a solution to help relieve those symptoms.
The Modern Explanation of Why Amber Works
The effective ingredient contained in this geographically-specific amber is called succinic acid. It is known to have both analgesic (pain-relieving) and anti-inflammatory (reducing swelling) properties that are activated when the amber is heated. Old World Europeans were known to crush the amber into a powder to be used in hot baths for arthritis treatment. The warmth of the water released the succinic acid, which was then absorbed through the skin, distributed to the painful, inflamed joints by the bloodstream, and the sufferer experienced relief.
Amber teething necklaces use this same process but rely on baby’s body heat to warm and release the naturally-occurring succinic acid. Since these necklaces can be worn continuously, their soothing effects are ongoing.
Is It Safe?
Despite the hemming and hawing of non-naturists, the use of the amber teething necklace is a safe practice, but moms need to know how to use it correctly.
- Always put on your child while under supervision. If they go to bed, take it off.
- Check to make sure the necklace you buy comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Also check to make sure that each bead is knotted individually, and comes with a breakaway clasp.
- Also make sure to take it off in chlorine, like a pool, so as not to decrease the efficacy of the Baltic Amber.
The Mysterious Power
Baltic Amber is no longer witchcraft or simply an ancient custom. The succinic acid found in amber is curative, and a natural analgesic which when absorbed into the skin has pain reducing properties. It is as simple as that!
Jenn Sanders currently works as a marketing assistant at Baltic Wonder, a company that is dedicated to the health and well-being of infants. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her family and outdoor adventures.