Below is a guest post written for our blog.
No matter how many parenting books you read hoping that you will be fully prepared when your newborn comes into the world, you might not always take the best decision. Do not start off thinking that you want to be a perfect parent. Make sure that you provide your baby with the best of care, attention, and love. Being a great parent is about patience and establishing priorities.
Motherhood is one of the greatest parts of a woman’s life. When you will hold your baby in your arms for the first time, you will feel complete. You have to offer your baby most of your time, focusing on its health and wellness, being near him thorough his best and his worst. Sweet Moms Blog teaches parents about the best products that can help take care of a baby. Read about the best baby bottles, wipe warmers, cribs and so on and you will soon feel more confident in your own.
- Decorating the House – Have you already spent numerous hours painting your baby’s room in sweet colors and decorating it appropriately? Well, that’s too bad since your baby might only sleep in your room for the next few months. Therefore, you should not invest too much of your time to cheerfully decorate your little one’s room since he or she is too small to care. Make sure everything is clean and in perfect order to make it easier for you to find things when you need them.
- Lighting and Noise – If you imagine that your little one will get startled when hearing a noise while he or she sleeps, you might be wrong. Your baby is used to hearing noises all the time. After all, they have already spent nine months hearing your heartbeat and your stomach growling. A white noise in the background and a dim light could actually help you put your newborn to sleep.
- Cutting Nails – Did you see those cute, little hands? You have always dreamt about this moment when your little angel squeezes your thumb in their little fist. However, looking at their fingers, you realize that they are incredibly small. How are you supposed to cut their nails since you are so scared of them bleeding? Just breath in, breath out and start doing it. First, you should try doing this while they sleep.
- Going Out – When going outside with your baby and preparing the stroller and nursery bag, do not have any plan in mind. No matter how carefully you plan out your day, you are very likely to drop it because you depend on a little human. Remember that you have to put your baby’s comfort and needs in the first place. Therefore, your plans may change by the hour. Try not to be disappointed.
- Breastfeeding – You may experience sore nipples and leakages after breastfeeding your baby. But there is no other greater feeling than holding your baby close to you and nursing him. Therefore, you should see this as a magical experience even if at times it may get painful. You should consider using a warm compress in case your ducts are blocked.
- Your Sleeping Pattern – Do not even dare to dream about it! Getting a full night’s sleep is impossible for a new mother. Your main focus now is your newborn who needs to be fed, changed and happy at all times. Don’t get obsessed with the fact that you are tired. Try to sleep when the baby sleeps so you can load up on energy.
- Mimic the Womb – The most efficient way to soothe your little one is to mimic the womb. You should try swinging, shushing and swaddling your newborn while breastfeeding them. This combination can trigger a calming reflex. Therefore, your baby will remember the period he or she lied in your womb and they will stop crying. Do not worry about soothing your baby too much that you are afraid they will be spoiled.
- Dad Should Get Involved, Too – Diaper-changing can be a drag for dads. However, he has to remember that he is also a father. Make sure you take turns in doing anything for or with your baby. From feeding and playing to changing diapers and taking them for a walk, you should both do these activities. If the dad fears from doing something wrong, you should just exemplify whatever they have to do to encourage them. Therefore, as a mother, you do not only have to be patient with your baby, but also with their dad.
Receiving advice from your mother or close friends can help you build the foundation of what is called motherhood. However, no one says it will be easy. It will be freakishly hard at times. The most important thing is to calm yourself and start all over, thinking about the greatest wonder that came into your life. Being the best mom means failing a few times, learning by error or by simply guessing what your crying baby wants.
Motherhood is a challenge for every woman because no matter how well-prepared you think you are, you will still panic at times. Make sure you also ask for the dad’s help, trying to teach them everything you know about your little one to be able to split tasks with them.
Image Source: Pixabay