Comments

1. Fawziyyah sultana says:

My son will be 2 next week. MOST days he sleeps around 7pm and wakes up around 6am, sometimes 5. He no longer has an afternoon nap as I found that it would lead to a late bedtime, which doesn’t fit in with our routine as a family. Now he has a morning nap from 10 till 11.30/12. However, for the past few days he has been resisting sleep at bedtime and going to sleep around 8.30/9pm, with no changes to his nap!

Also, since forever, we have been walking around carrying him to sleep, and now we try to lay him down and pat him but he just can’t sleep like that. Please help, what am I doing wrong?

• Debbye @ The Baby Sleep Site says:

Hi @Fawziyyah – Thanks for writing, and so sorry that your struggling with your toddler’s sleep! many 2 year olds struggle with sleep, and you’re not alone! You’re not doing anything wrong either Fawziyyah! You’re doing your best, and that’s all you can do! Working on putting down to fall asleep on his own can take time and lots of consistency and effort, so don’t give up! Regarding his naps and bedtime, I’d recommend checking out our free samepl schedules for toddlers for use as a guide:
      Good luck and we hope this is helpful!

2. Caroline says:

Please keep in mind that most kindergarten classes are expected to nap in the afternoon for a mimimum of 40 minutes after lunch.

• Debbye @ The Baby Sleep Site says:

Thanks for the tip @Caroline! Many kindergarten classes no longer offer nap or rest time, while many others do!

3. Allison says:

My girl will be 3 in 2 months and she is refusing nap time. It will take her 1.5 hours to fall asleep and the same happens at bed time. I always wake her up by 3pm no matter what time she falls asleep and her bedtime is around 8-8:30pm but most of the time she doesn’t fall asleep until 9:30, sometimes 10. Should I drop her nap?

• Debbye @ The Baby Sleep Site says:

Hi Allison! Thanks for writing to us about your toddler! She is showing signs that she’s ready to drop that nap, and you can always try it out and see how it goes! For more specific help with this, I’d like to recommend our VIP Members Area, which gives you access to all of our e-Books as well as audio tele-seminar recordings, case studies, and do-it-yourself tutorials, and much more! My favorite feature is the access to our weekly “members only” expert chat sessions, where one of our sleep consultants will answer your specific questions live via chatroom! You can also write a message on any of the pages within the VIP Area, and a Sleep Consultant will reply!
      You can read more about our Members Area here: