No products in the cart.

Comments

1. Emily DeJeu says

@ Julie Vaughan — thanks so much for these excellent suggestions! I used to read “The Night You Were Born” with my boys; I loved the illustrations in that one 🙂

Hope you have a merry Christmas, Julie! And thanks for commenting 🙂

2. Julie Vaughan says

I’m so excited to get some of these books! thanks for the suggestions. I also really love “Its time to sleep my love,” “The night you were born,” “The crown on your head,” and “Wherever you are, my love will find you” all by Nancy Tillman. All are probably better for kids that are a little older. My son is 15 months old and is just now getting interested in them but they are soooooo sweet and heartwarming. The first two come in board books but the last two were fairly new when I bought them in the spring and weren’t in board books yet. Counting Kisses by Karen Katz is also really sweet – a “kiss & read” book – very fun!

3. Emily DeJeu says

@ andie mcbee — thanks for this recommendation! The pictures do look lovely. 🙂

Thanks for commenting!

4. Emily DeJeu says

@ Kessa — I love that one, too! But I was having a hard time finding a reasonably-priced copy on Amazon to point people towards. I’m wondering if it’s gone out of print or something?

@ Jennifer Callaghan — that’s how my daughter (18 months) feels about “Goodnight, Moon”! She loves to make the “hush” sound with me when I get to the line about the “quiet old lady, who was whispering, ‘Hush.'” 🙂

As for getting these in England — I’m thinking amazon.com.uk/ would have at least most of these. Hope you can get your hands on some in time for Christmas!

Thanks for commenting, ladies!

5. Jennifer Callaghan says

“Goodnight Gorilla” is my 22-month old daughter’s absolute favourite. I think we read it 5 times a day. At least. I’m looking forward to trying all the other suggestions, and hoping I can find them in England.

6. Kessa says

“I Took the Moon for Walk” is a lovely book! My son had a hard time sitting through books, but since my husband and I love to read we were determined to make a book part of his bedtime routine. This was the first book he ever sat through and listened to. The cadence of the poetry is catchy but not annoying and the pictures are beautiful! He is nine months now and loves to find the moon in all of the pictures. The story is creative and imaginative as well. There are others by the same author like “Listen Listen” that I can’t wait to get for him.

7. Emily DeJeu says

@ Talia — My boys like The Gruffalo, too! We were introduced to it about a year ago at a local library’s Saturday story hour; that was the featured story. So cute!!

8. Talia says

This is great, I was just browsing for books on the net and didn’t know what to buy. Thanks!

Our favorite is was not on the list though: The Gruffalo. And I say “our” because it’s the favorite of every single member of the family… 🙂

9. Emily DeJeu says

@ Cathy — my kids loved “Good Night, Gorilla” when they were little, too! That was a book that they loved looking at by themselves, too, since it was just pictures and almost no words. Thanks for mentioning this one, Cathy, and for commenting!