There’s no shortage of baby sleep sacks and baby sleeping bags out there, and it can be confusing to choose one. Mamaway sent us one of their All-season Optimum Temp. Sleep Suits to review. This post will break down what makes this sleep sack different and why you might want to consider buying one for your 4-month to 3-year-old. After all, finding the right sleep sack can help your baby sleep through the night and take better naps!
Why Use a Sleeping Bag or Sleep Sack
Before we get to the Mamaway sleep sack review, it’s important we discuss why using a sleeping bag or sleep sack can help your baby sleep better.
There are many reasons babies wake at night and comfort is one of the easier ones to fix. When you stop swaddling your baby, usually around 4 months old, it’s not considered safe to have loose blankets in the crib. While you could raise the room temperature rather than use a blanket, the best room temperature for sleep is between 68 and 70 degrees.
This is where sleep sacks, also known as wearable blankets, come in. A baby sleep sack, sleeping bag, or wearable blanket is a safe way to keep your baby comfortable but without the danger of a loose blanket that can cover their face. In a cool room, babies sleep better but might not be warm enough to sleep, ironically. Cool air on the face helps us sleep better but our body temperature should still be comfortable.
What should we look for in a sleep sack?
Best Features in a Good Sleep Sack
There are hundreds of sleep sacks to choose from so it can be difficult to know which one to buy. Here are the primary features to look for:
- Temperature Control – While you can buy a separate sleep sack for different seasons, it’s a lot easier (and cheaper) to have a sleep sack that controls body temperature. This way, you can use the same sleep sack all year long.
- Material – We clearly want a soft material for our children and it’s a good idea to make sure there are no tags that will bother your baby.
- Easy Access Opening – Diaper changes are a must so it’s a lot easier if your baby’s sleep sack opens at the bottom.
Now that we know what to look for, let’s see how Mamaway stacks up.
Mamaway Sleep Sack Features
The Mamaway sleep sack is a premium sleeping bag that can keep your baby comfortable all year round. Here are the features you’ll find in this wonderful option of a sleep sack:
- One Suit for All Seasons – The fabric tech of the Cell Solution Clima fibers will store any extra heat. If the temperature decreases, the stored heat will be returned back to your baby. Variable 0.5-2.5 TOG warmth rating designed to provide the ultimate comfort for your toddler all year around.
- Antibacterial Properties – Medical grade Zinc eradicates bacteria and eliminates odor, so your baby’s sleep suit will not smell when they spill milk, and help them to sleep better in a safe and healthy environment.
- Avoid Sweaty Feet – Sleeveless and feet-out designs won’t make the baby overheat, slip down into the suit, or become entangled. It features durable buttons on the shoulder to allow extra headroom for easy wearing and a bottom opening for quick diaper changing.
- Soft & Breathable – The sleep suit is made of incredibly soft natural fiber with excellent breathability. It is ideal for babies with sensitive skin.
This sleep sack is a great choice because I hear about a lot of babies getting their legs tangled at the bottom and some babies don’t like their feet covered. With this sleep sack, you can add socks if your baby likes their feet covered or keep them uncovered if they don’t. The snaps at the top and bottom make t-shirt and diaper changes easier without fully undressing your baby. This is great for late-night issues you need to address so you can get your baby back to sleep FAST!
Obviously, we like the temperature control because your baby should be cool to the touch without feeling frigid. And, you should never feel your baby is sweaty. That’s how you know they are comfortable.
In addition to the temperature control of this sleep sack, we really liked the unicorn design and softness of the material. I believe many babies will LOVE this sleep sack!
EXCLUSIVE FOR THE BABY SLEEP SITE READERS:
USE COUPON CODE BABYSLEEPSITE10 for $10 OFF!
Simply register for a free Mamaway membership!
When you have a baby, you want to do everything you can to help your baby sleep through the night and take long naps. Comfort is a big source of how well any person sleeps, including your baby. Finding the right sleep sack doesn’t have to be difficult if you know what you’re looking for. I can confidently recommend the Mamaway baby sleep sack to all of the parents with whom I talk on a daily basis!
Disclosure: The Baby Sleep Site was compensated for this post to cover the time invested, but these opinions are all our own and we only recommend products we feel 100% great about endorsing.