Comments

1. Sara says:

Hi I am having trouble getting my 9 month old on a good schedule. Her sleep schedule is all over the place and has been for quite a few months now. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong and I’m not sure how to fix it. I’m just looking for some guidance. My daughter has been going to “bed” at around 2-3 am and sleeps until 12 or 1 pm. Everything is all out of whack. This is my first kid and I have no idea how to get her on a proper sleep schedule or feeding schedule. She takes an hour nap around 1 and then another one around 4 or 5. We’ve tried putting her to bed at earlier times but she just ends up waking up. When she goes to bed at 2 am she sleeps through the night. Help!!

• Debbye @ The Baby Sleep Site says:

Hi @Sara – Sorry to hear that your 9 month old’s schedule is been so out of whack! Don’t give up – you CAN get her sleeping at better times! You will want to move your daughter’s whole day to an earlier bedtime – meals, naps, night time sleep, everything should get moved to get the schedule shifted.
      It can be tricky to do this without overtiredness, and for specific help, please consider our ebook “Shift Your Child’s Schedule.” You can read more about it here:
      Good luck Sara and please contact us if you’d like more info!

2. Kendra says:

We have to be out the door at 6:15 AM to get my daughter to daycare and then me to work by 8:00 AM. She also doesn’t go to sleep until 8:30/9PM depending on her mood. We’ve tried putting her down earlier but she just plays and fusses.

She even doesn’t nap much during the day, either. I worry because she’s not sleeping as much as most sites tell you they should at 9 months but she seems okay

• Debbye @ The Baby Sleep Site says:

Hi @Kendra – Thanks for writing! There is a wide range of typical sleep, and the schedules that we post are averages. So, she may be getting enough sleep for her needs, if she is well rested and content! If you suspect she is not getting enough sleep, she may be over-tired by bedtime, especially if she is not napping! Keep offering those naps, and don’t give up on testing out good bedtimes for her!
      Good luck!

3. Jade says:

Hiya
    I’d love brief advice on why my baby might be waking at 4am-5am all of a sudden after sleeping 7pm til 6.30am consistently no feed, and naps being on schedule too. i worked so hard for This schedule and now This has put me in a circle of having an over tired baby and trying to get it back on track. Also the first few times he did it was so out of character (since the 4 month sleep hell) i made the mistake of trying to feed and taking him downstairs. Only to find he didn’t want the bottle anyway!

• Neosha says:

@Jade – Thank you for reading our post and for sharing with us. Early waking can be a beast! There are so many things that contribute to him waking early, though. I’m assuming he’s 9 months old (or somewhere roundabout based on the title of the post). His daily sleep schedule, how he falls asleep, his environment, his development (a sleep regression is common around this age), his daily feedings, sleep associations, etc – all or some or just one of these could be the culprit. If you haven’t thought about keeping a log of sleep and activities to better pinpoint the issue, that’d be a great first step. You could also consider connecting with one of our sleep consultants for more troubleshooting. You can read more about our team here: https://www.babysleepsite.com/about/ Hang in there, Jade!

4. Hema E says:

5PM – 6PM- Nap time
    6PM – brest feed
    7PM-Dinner
    9Pm brest feed and goes to sleep

• Danielle says:

Hi Hema,
      Thanks so much for adding your schedule to the post! Many families love to know what others are doing, so I’m sure they’ll find another 9 month-old schedule very helpful. We appreciate your support of The Baby Sleep Site!