Comments

1. Jan says:

My 13 1/2 months old child been in this schedule since since she’s napping twice a day, and is doing very well on schedule (she started napping twice when she’s 7mo):

7am – wake up
    7:30/8am – breakfast
    10am – nap (at least 1 hr or 1 1/2 hr)
    12:30pm – lunch
    2/2:30pm – nap (at least 1 hr or 1 1/2 hr)
    4pm – snack
    5:30/6pm – dinner
    6:30pm – start bedtime routine
    7pm – sleep (sometimes she fall asleep 7:30pm the latest) and sleep through the nigh

Recently, its been about more than a week now and I still trying to follow this schedule, i will try to put her to 10am nap but she seems not that too sleep that she lie on her bed trying to soothe herself and for more than 30minutes and would nap for 1 1/2 hrs.

In the afternoon its now a struggle to put her to nap early, she would actually fall asleep late around 3:30pm and sleep for an hour 4:30.

As a result, since she woke up from her afternoon nap very late, it will pushes her night sleep to 8:30pm (sometimes 8pm if i’m lucky). but still tried to start bedtime as early as possible. And still wakes up at 7am in the morning sharp!

Do you think she’s ready for ONE nap now? What should do? Your advice is very much appreciate. Or if anyone who have experience transitioning from 2naps to 1nap….I am just worried if I will put to 1 nap its just too soon for my young child. Thank you all, really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Jan

2. Veronika says:

My 17 month old has been pretty consistent for about 2 months now with this schedule

Wake up between 7:00 and 7:30
    Breakfast 8:00
    Snack 10:00
    Lunch 12:00
    Down for a nap 12:30 ( sleeps 2-3 hours)
    Snack when he wakes up from his nap 3:00 – 3:30
    Family dinner by 6:00
    8:00 bedtime (falls asleep usually by 8:30 and 9:00 the latest)

I am wondering if 11 hrs of night sleep is enough? I haven’t noticed any cranky behaviour or that he is very tired by 7 or so
    i think our schedule is working pretty well

• Kimberly says:

Hi Veronika,
      Yes, between 11-12 hours of sleep at night is what is recommend at this age.

3. naomi says:

Hi leslie,
    We eliminated all night feedings with my now 2.3yr old by replacing nursing with water. he was still comforted but after few days just started sleeping bc the he wasnt used to eating then anymore.

My issue is that this same little cutie wakes-up too early every morning: today was 5am but most is 5:30 or 6. he goes to bed at 8pm and naps for bout 2 hrs day (1-3pm). I’m wondering if i should cut back or eliminate naptime. He gets really cranky without it, but maybe things would even out? would love some feedback on this.
    -naomi

• Kimberly says:

Hi Naomi,
      Thanks for chiming in here. It always help to have moms supporting other moms with their own experiences. Sounds like maybe you’ll want to try shorten his nap. Maybe try one hour instead of two and see if he can adjust and if that will help him to sleep later. Maybe see if you can move his nap up a little earlier so he’s awake longer before bedtime.

4. Lesley says:

My 14 month old: [very active]

bedtime 7-7:30pm
    Wake between 3-5 am for a breastfeed…so early…:-(
    back to sleep until:
    6:30-7 am awake for the morning
    7:30/8- Breakfast
    between 10 -10:45 first nap [usually for 1hr20min sometimes 1hr 40 min, sometimes 2 hours!
    12:30 Lunch
    2:30 snack
    between 3:30-4:30 optional nap usually for only 30 minutes
    5:30 dinner
    6:30 bath
    7pm bed
    ——————
    Ideally I would love to get rid of the 3-5 am feed, and push her nap until 12 noon making it only one nap a day… but she’s so tired around 10 or 10:45 am, that it’s impossible right now.

How can I drop waking between 3-5 am? I’ve let her CIO, and put her to sleep awake, but cannot stop this from happening.

• Kimberly says:

Hi Lesley,
      That time of morning is usually tricky for most babies as it is the lightest sleep cycle of the night and they are pretty well rested from the rest of the night. The trick will be to help her learn to resettle during that time and go back to sleep without the feeding. A toddler this age should be able to make it through the night without a feeding, so at this point, it is most likely a habit as well as her body had trained itself to think it needs to eat at this time. Encourage her to eat through out the day and maybe consider incorporating a snack in to the evening routine just to be sure. Another option is to check out Nicole’s e-book on Shifting Schedules to help with early wakings. You can find more information about it here: https://www.babysleepsite.com/waking-too-early/

5. Jennifer says:

Here’s my 18-month-old’s schedule. I’m wondering if her nap is long enough. I’m not sure how to get a longer nap out of her, so I hope it is. Maybe she’s just getting enough sleep at night not to need a longer nap?

6:30-7:00 – wake up
    7:30 – breakfast
    8:00 – playtime/errands
    10:00 – snack
    12:00 – lunch
    12:45 – nap (1.5 hours typically, sometimes 2 hours)
    3:00 – snack
    3:00-6:00 – playtime/errands
    6:00 – dinner
    6:40 – bath (if bath night)
    7:00 – bed (sleeps through the night; 11-12 hours of sleep)

• Kimberly says:

Hi Jennifer,
      In looking over Nicole’s post about toddler schedules, with one nap per day, she recommends a nap of at least an hour so it does look like your daughter’s nap is probably long enough. (You can read the post here: https://www.babysleepsite.com/tag/12-month-schedule/) If she doesn’t seem tired after waking or seems to be in good spirits until her bedtime, then her nap is most likely adequate.

6. Kimberly says:

@ Grace it would be helpful if you could post more information about what your current schedule is and what are your issues with it or how it is affecting your child and his sleep.

7. grace says:

Can anyone give me a schedule for my 2.5 y/o who don’t have nap at all? i can’t seem to find the right routine. he wakes up at 8 or the most is 930. i have trouble making him sleep at night.

8. Laurie says:

My 13 Month Old’s Schedule:
    6:15 – 7:15 wake up
    7:15 breakfast
    9:00 nap (1 – 1.5 hours)
    11:30 lunch
    1:00 nap (1-1.5 hours)
    3:00 snack
    5:30 dinner
    6:45 bath
    7:00 – 7:30 bedtime (Falls asleep within 5-10 min)

• Nicole says:

@Laurie Thank you for sharing your toddler’s schedule!

9. Natasha says:

My two-year’s old follows this schedule:

7:15 wake up
    7:30 breakfast
    7:45 watches Baby TV channel
    8:30 bath time
    9:00 read a story together
    9:15 play outside (weather permitting)
    9:45 light morning snack
    10:00 play in the toy box
    11:30 lunch
    12:00 run errands with mom
    1:30 afternoon nap
    2:30-4:30 wreaks havoc in the house
    4:30 prepares dinner with mom/glances at evening news
    5:30 dinner time
    6:00 playtime with daddy
    7;00 watches Baby TV
    7:45 bedtime story/final playtime with mom
    8:30 gets into the bed and plays with stuffed animals
    (will actually fall asleep around 9:15)

10. Sarah says:

My toddler’s schedule is as follows:

6:00 wake up
    7:00 breakfast
    10:00 snack
    11:30 lunch
    12:30 nap (lasts between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours)
    3:30 snack
    6:00 dinner
    7:30 bedtime (falls asleep between 8:00 and 8:30!)